Monday, March 27, 2006

Nice Quotes

"More Tears Are Shed Over Answered Prayers Than Unanswered Ones."
– Truman Capote
So reads the epigraph of Truman Capote's last (unfinished) work. I watched the film, Capote, last night. The film ends with this quote. This quote will stay with me, for quite some time.
"Do you know what happens when you hurt people? When you hurt people, they begin to love you less. That’s what careless words do. They make people love you a little less.”
– Ammu
I'm reading The God of Small Things.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am also thinking of love these days. I am slowly embracing the reality that true love is found only in dictionary, mother being the only exception. So you dont have to worry about people loving you less. :)

Varun Singh said...

@Mithun: Ironically, Ammu said this to her daughter :-D.