Friday, April 07, 2006

..Main Hoon Kaun?

I'm positively bored with "Lies, Damned Lies & Blogs". Its funny (punny) in someways, but not really related to me in anyway. When I chose it, I didn't want to keep blogging suspended just for a name, so I chose this one. Just like that.

I'm not really narcissist kinds, so there go all the "Mogambo's Den", "Dr. No's Lair" and likes. This blog is not deeply related with any topic, like Bollywood or cricket or politics; the name should reflect that too. Above all the name should represent me well.

I'm hunting for some thing more quirky, more appropriate. Any suggestions? Do drop in a line or two.

Update: Some very interesting suggestions -

  • War-un Xing: I used to sign emails with this name for a while in college. Incidently, this is also the name of the central character of Vivek's best-seller coming out on Diwali. Which year, I don't know.
  • Blogivision / Prime Time Blogivision: Pun on television
  • Don Blogsco: Punny, very punny :-)
  • The Boy Who Cried Wolf: The title I earned in college
I got few other suggestions too. Thanks a lot bhai log, for your suggestions. I'm feeling kinda ashamed, but I still haven't found the best fit. :-( May be I'll leave it as it is, what's in a name anyway.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

couples of names that i thought for my own blog ...

* High Class In Borrowed Shoes
* Rock n Blog All Night Long

Vivek Kumar said...

You might want to go back to an old signature:

War-un Xing :)

Jeet said...

* Active mind, devil's workshop !
* Reviewing Life, Movies and everything !

Do you really want suggestions?

Varun Singh said...

Good ones bhai log!

Haan Jeetu bhai, bore ho gaya purane wale se. Ab kuch naya dhoondh raha hoon.

Vivek Kumar said...

See.. it's like a broadcast mechanism.. so you can play with the word blog and make it "blogcast". Then do something with it.

Also.. Radios have a lot to with listening in to broadcasts.. so you can think of something with "Radio XYZ".. don't go for the cliched "Radio Active" thing. Or do.

Thinking aloud.. laying the creative process bare for everyone to see..

Varun Singh said...

"Blogivision" (a la television)?

Actually I was thinking about "Tandoor Times" too. It shows my deep affection & addiction for tandoori things ;-). "Tandoori Opinions"?

Anonymous said...

"Something of Anything and Everything"

Vivek Kumar said...

Tandoor Times: a bit kitsch, IMO.

Anything with "tandoor" is giving me images of one horrible incident in Delhi.. I guess you know about it - a murder.

Blogvision: no one else has it yet?

You could be "Don Blogosco" :D

Varun Singh said...

Yep. Naina Sahni.

What about "Prime Time Blogvision"

Kuch jam nahi raha :-S

Jeet said...

* A visionary's blogvision
* A pensive pensieve
* My blogworthy writings

Tumhe tagline main chahiye kya? serious chahte ho ya funny?

Varun Singh said...

Tagline bhi chahiye.. funny hi chahiye, unless serious wala kuch dhaansoo ho. Aajkal main purane album, songs, films.. sabse titles chaan raha hoon. No luck till now :-S.

Bahut bahut thanku Jeet bhai!

Anonymous said...

Jhooth, Safed Jhooth, aur BhaiLOG

rachana said...

1."bare truths (lies included)"
2."baking news-- fun and fundas"