Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Tag's the way (I like it)!

I've been book-tagged by Prachi. Nowadays, with so many sports events on the TV, I have not been reading much. I was never a "voracious" reader, as they say. As a matter of fact, I started taking interest in reading during college. Before coming to college, I read very few novels; "Godaan" was among them. Once I came to Bangalore, I started pampering myself by buying loads of books, many of them rest in the shelves, waiting to be read. Of course, this doesn't stop me from buying more books.

I enjoy light reading most of the times, mostly sci-fi or humor. But I don't restrict my reading to these topics only, infact the books which touched me deeply were neither sci-fi, nor humorous. The content impresses me more than the lingual jugglery, with the exception of P.G.Wodehouse!

I am tagging Vivek Kumar, Pankaj Jain, Himanshu Agrawal, Seema & Satyajit Jha.

Total books I own -
Must be around 100 between three of us in the apartment.

Last book I bought -
21 Dog Years : Doing Time @ Amazon.com
Startup
Money Masters of Our Time

Last book I read -
A History of India : Volume 1

5 Books that mean a lot of me -
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time : Really heart-touching story, narrated brilliantly.
The Catcher in the Rye : I could connect so well with the central character, Holden Caulfield. I felt for the first time that I've some company :)
Delhi: A Novel : I like Khushwant Singh's work for many reasons. What makes this book extra-ordinary is the innovative idea of narrating the tales using the common men of tumultuous times.
Startup : A story of a failed startup. Deals beautifully with all the anxieties & excitement of working for establishing a startup. Explains the process in depth.
"Surely You're Joking, Mr. Feynman!": Adventures of a Curious Character : This one's for all the curious characters out there. This book constantly reminded me of my first year room-mate, Nikhil Sethi.

My Unfinished book -
Currently reading Startup but I'm not going to leave it unfinished. I started Catch-22 but left it unfinished because it got repetitive after a while and wasn't very interesting after that. The Fountainhead & The Lord of the Rings are not yet completed, but I plan to complete them, perhaps not in the near future.

No comments: