Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Noteworthy feat


This photo was my entry to Photofriday's weekly contest last week. The theme was Warmth. This one was chosen to be among top 6 "noteworthy" photos in the contest by popular vote (My link is named "Buddies"). This photo appeared on my photoblog on 11th November. I clicked this one some time ago, wasn't very much pleased at first. The road was dusty, sun was too bright and colors not warm enough. But after little tinkering with GIMP, it came out good. Still, I won't say this is my best attempt.

I'd put this up at my Flickr account and monologist commented -
This is perhaps one of the best pictures I've seen on flickr or perhaps even in my life [and i've seen my share of interesting pictures]
But here is why I love this picture.
In the background there exists the busy and hectic life, people have no time for anything just going from point A to point B.
The temperature is so dried and arrid that it sort of addresses the mood of the people in the towm.
But yet its still lively in exicitement that you lose yourself within it all.
And there in the very corner of life, there exists too friends, perhaps even best friends that share a unique bond with each other.
The other friend doesn't have a bike, so the other actually gets off his bike and walks side by side, symbolically of how he would walk side by side through out life.
The other friend points to whatever amuses him, which is symbolical of how life is ammsuing for all of us, if only we would open our eyes.
And then it silences westerns etc, because no matter how 'poor' or 'poverty striken' we believe the developing countries are... there is something there that's so gut wrenching and so real, that we can't really ever fathom in our lives.
And this is why I love this picture.
I didn't think this deep while clicking this one, but that is quite an interpretation. My wishes are with her, she'd make a good photo-critic :-).

Needless to say I'm very happy and proud over this. Photofriday is a very reputed website when it comes to online photography contests and this was my first attempt there. I must be mighty lucky because the other pictures selected just took my breath off; beginner's luck they say :-). Hopefully the luck will stay with me, atleast till CAT this Sunday.

Ah, and this would be a good time to be a regular at my photoblog :-D.

Update: Thanks to Photofriday, my photoblog got 600+ hits during the day with about 190 unique visitors. I'm lurrrving it! :-)

12 comments:

Raj said...

Congrats and best of luck for CAT. Thank god, I don't have to take it this year. I can enjoy till next year.

Pankaj Jain said...

Congrats dude. I also dont think that it is one of your better attempts :p. but whatever ....u r there. Best of luck for CAT. Crack marne ka hi hai.

Varun Singh said...

Thanks a lot RGA and PJ!

Bas Sunday ko dekhte hain ab, is paar ke us paar :-)

Ritesh said...

Congrates dude, and all the best for CAT!

himanshu agrawal said...

congrats jat and good luck for cat

nupur said...

Good luck Varun.

Varun Singh said...

Thanks a lot Ritesh, Himanshu and DQ. I'll try my best to make you people proud ;-)

Anonymous said...

ooo make me proud too! I decided to explore people's blogs on flickr, bwhhahaha...and yeah the photo may not be 'the best' but the message and the feeling you get from it is certainly great! cheeeers Varun!

Anonymous said...

p.s. Best of Wishes for the CAT - sure you will do well!

Varun Singh said...

Thanks a lot Aarthy!

Anonymous said...

Hey..how was CAT ? How much do you hope to score this year ? All the very best.. :)

Vivek Kumar said...

The more I see this pic.. the more I like it.. :)