Sunday, February 12, 2006

Don't you have cobwebs in heaven?

Don't you have cobwebs in heaven?

When I see the thin trickle of spilled tea, gravitate down adhered to the porcelain cup
Onto the wooden table, thereby adding
To the small tea-puddle on the varnished surface
A harbinger of a circular stain, so ugly in its appearance
Yet so inevitable in my indolence
That I wonder, whether there is any sense
Any purpose
Any meaning
In restoring,
Nay, Trying to restore
Order in this world --

Don't you have cobwebs in heaven?
Stolen shamelessly from my good friend Nips' writings' page. Its exactly the kind of poem which leaves me with a burning, bruising feeling of helplessness about my hopeless relationship with verses. Perhaps I would be better placed to write verses if I could understand them at the first place. I just can't make sense of most of the poems (unless they go something like "twinkle-twinkle little star".. wait! I have some doubts there too). And then I come across something so good (and understand it for once).

Bhison bhalo aachhe Deepu da!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm..The same with many of us. In my opinion Ind parents teach their children English so that they can learn math and science in a better way and in future they can be able to communicate with the world. Here I have my views when I read a poem (ununderstandable,,ofcourse!)
“Ek din maine ek nai kavita padhi,
shirshak samaz na pai ,fir bhi aage bhadhi.
Atpate shabd the anjaani si bhasha,
Kanhi kuchch arth hoga man me thi ye aashsa.
Na jane wo kaun se yug ki katha thi,
Har pankti ki apani ek alag vyatha thi.
Pata nahi kavi kaun se ras me the ,
Shayad wo bahut hi asmanjas me the.
Ho sakta hai meri samaz kamjor ho,
Lekin aakhir kavita ka koi to oor chchor ho!!

nupur said...

"unless they go something like "twinkle-twinkle little star"
.....lol :-)

Neelima Arora said...

I call my home as heaven and I assure u lots of cobwebs r there.Nice inspiration for me for letting the things as they are, i.e complete mess, at least, ye kavita to sarthak ho jayegi.
neelima
www.neelimabiome.blogspot.com

Varun Singh said...

You should see my home Neelima. Earlier it was spiders in my house, now it feels the other way around! :)