Thursday, December 22, 2005

The "Hemant Birje" Connection.

For the last two days my blog has attracted a little more than usual traffic. Reason - Hemant Birje apparently molested some aspirant actresses. I quote from the linked article -

Actor Hemant Birje (41), who is best known for the film Tarzan, tried to molest an actress and her friends at Lokhandwala in Andheri yesterday. However, unlike in most movies, the brave women chased the villain away. The four women pounced on Birje. When the actor tried to flee, the women pelted him and his friend with stones.
Can't make the connection? Actually, I mentioned Birje in one post sometime back in the context of "Indian Super Heroes". Birje, a B-grade movie actor for all of his career, is most famous for his role in Tarzan opposite Kimi Katker. I've had the good fortune to watch the movie but even if many haven't watched it, they would have watched one famous clip of it surely ("Tarzan, Oh my Tarzan" was one melodious song in the film, if it rings a bell).

So, when news channels flashed this news regarding Birje on 21st, many poorly informed netizens couldn't recollect who the heck this Birje was. They kneeled to the Google God asking for Birje's image. Many of them landed on my blog page, since it was the number three page in the results! Another moment of glory for my blog - to be linked with the great Tarzan of Bollywood. I hope my blog didn't disappoint the truth seekers. Still, to remove any miniscule chance I'm linking to the poster of Tarzan, showing Birje in all of his jungle glory - here it is. Another close up shot from the poster of "Mardangi". Savour your eyes on this King of the jungle.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Would love to see a man getting molested and the news making it to the prime time...

I know the time should not be far away but it does sound absurd that men have been pushing themselves with pride in this society for a time unknown.

I know what I am asking for is not too great a boon but desperation drives you to this point.