Monday, December 26, 2005

Top 12 from the year!

I started this blog on 11th January 2005. I just wanted to write, write arbit stuff. My first ever post - Agriculture in India: Road to future? - was a rather serious one. I was reading various documents regarding Indian economy and stuff for my upcoming IIM interviews and it all got rubbed to my blog. Once I got started I wrote almost about everything - economics, politics, films, humor, satire, cribs, etc. As the year ends in another week, I thought it'll be a good time to look back and select some of the better ones that I wrote and showcase them here. Actually, I got this idea from Creative Generalist's blog. Do read his list (but only after mine ;-)), there are some absolute gems there.

Why 12? I actually wanted to have top 10 sorts, but in the end I liked 12 and thought dropping anyone of these wouldn't be fair. So 12 :-). I'm not into tagging and stuff, but just to put the idea in fellow bloggers' minds - select your favorite posts and list them!

Here it goes -

  1. Job Motivation - A satire on the mundane intricacies of the boring office life of a software engineer.
  2. Gym Mis(s)adventures - A humorous misadventure, totally fictitious!
  3. So, What are your hobbies? - Do we really need one?
  4. Eminem meets Udham Singh - Two of the greats of our time :)
  5. Business Plans - I'm still looking out for VCs.
  6. My Baby - Yes, it happened!
  7. Carobaar - Ratan Tata's 1 lakh car cometh.
  8. Glamourizing the Gutter - Sick of gangster movies? Read on!
  9. Software Engineer and CAT - A parody of Somebody to Love - Don't you want to take the CAT?
  10. Planet of Eves - Females ruling the earth - rosy notion? Not really!
  11. Stand Up Comedy & Follow up - My attempt at stand up comedy.
  12. Suicide at IITB, Update I & Update II - A misfortunate incident which created a big buzz in the campus & in the blogsphere among alumni.

1 comment:

Vivek Kumar said...

I really like that stand up comedy act :)