Thursday, August 11, 2005

Some more PJs :-)

(Good that people liked my last post. Hopefully you'll enjoy this one too. This one is more impromptu kind of thing though.
I'm off for the weekend to Wayanad. I'll be back on Monday evening. Happy Independence Day!
)

The award ceremony of the Indian Oil Cup was a real tear-jerker. Dravid got on the podium as the losing captain. He said - "I pictured myself having that trophy". Ganguly shouted from the dressing room - "So did I". At the press conference, Dravid was asked if the team fell short of one batsman. He said - "No, we had all the batsmen from the last game. We just dropped Laxman!". The news of tension between Dravid & Ganguly over captaincy is not new. None of them wants it! You've seen what happened to Ganguly, team screwed up the over-rate and he got banned. Some say that screw-up was a team strategy, keeping Ganguly's form in mind!

If you go to Brigade road (Bangalore) you can notice all sorts of weird t-shirts. I can't understand some of the supposedly funny lines.
"My dad is an ATM" - But then dude, where do you swipe the card?
"I'm the guy your mom warned you about" - Who? The Leper or the beggar? May be Gabbar Singh! Moms warn children about Gabbar Singh near Ramgarh.

Sometimes I just pity those Americans for having to deal with Indian customer care. Even I can't understand their English! The accent is not the problem, the problem is that they would rattofy the entire content and blurt it all out in such a flurry that you won't even get a hint about what they are talking! It's like they have this 100 words dash event in their training. It was still bearable when they'd confine themselves to phone calls but now they dog you down at the ATMs, parking places, movies halls, public toilets, etc etc. I went to this ATM and this fella came up to me - "Sirmmmannmajsfghghaahfa-ICICI-mannmmdjf-CARD-jhhdhfhdf-FREE-jghjh". I told him very politely - "Kannada Gottilla (I know no Kannada)". He glared me for a while and then started in Kannada - "ahjsjhdfshffghdfhgdfg-ICICI-dgfdhfgddf-CARD-kdjgfhghfjhfj-FREE-kjfgfjjgjk". I ran away from there!

But I really admire the blooming BPO industry in India and the people who put their efforts behind this. The attendants, kids barely out of college, are trained well to behave like Americans. So now they are doing drugs 7 days a week, boozing all day, sleeping around all the time, living on loans -- maaan they are totally Americans now!
Some time back the think-tanks of BPO industry had this major problem -- all the toilets in their office would get clogged due to flushed condoms! And guess what?! Most of the condoms were of American brand! Now that's some serious commitment towards behaving like Americans.
So the think tanks came up with a solution. They invented a new type of condom which will be made out of tissue paper. So as soon as it gets wet, it'll get dissolved! They sent this "business-plan" to a VC and he sent it to "The Dumbest Plans Contest". Believe it or not, they came second! First prize went to a website which was launched to sell condoms on the net. "Please allow us 12 hours to deliver.".

3 comments:

Pankaj Jain said...

dada pe daya dikhao thodi re. baaki ICIC free card to too much hai :).

Pradeep said...

hahaha..mast hai..abhi wapas padha :)

nupur said...

"So now they are doing drugs 7 days a week, boozing all day, sleeping around all the time, living on loans -- maaan they are totally Americans now!"

Americans are not like that :-(. please!