Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Song Request

After the shameless plea for comments, I'm here again with another request. Firstly, for all of you who didn't notice that I maintain & update (little more regularly) a photoblog too, please to have a look here. This post is not just an advertisement for my photoblog, I want even more. If anyone of you worthy readers, came across the following song in any digital format, she/he can earn meri duwayein by mailing the file to me at vasingh[at]gmail[dot]com.


The song featured in Chetan Anand's superb war film, Haqeeqat (link 1, 2). Based on 1962 Indo-China war, Haqeeqat is supposed to be one of the more realistic war films, till date. I remember watching the film in my childhood on some Independence day and loving it straight away. The music of this movie was a winner with songs like "Kar Chale Hum Fida Jaan-o-tan Saathiyon". The lyricist, Kaifi Azmi, wrote some real gems for this movie. This particular song captures the hopelessness of a soldier, stuck in the warfield in a losing position, sure to be killed ruthlessly, remembering his love-interest back at home. It's perhaps the most tragic song I can remember.

*Sigh*-ning off,
- Varun

UPDATE: God bless Raj Gaurav Asthana for mailing me the song. If anyone wants it, drop me a mail.

1 comment:

Pradeep said...

kripya pradeep.aggarwal@gmail.com pe bhee fwd karein..dhanyawaad