Tuesday, May 02, 2006

I Resign

Drafting an appropriate resignation letter can be a headache. You want to sound honest, but not rude. You want to sound polite, but not wishy-washy. It takes a lot of jargon and b*llshit to get the perfect resignation letter.
Right?
Wrong!

Is the resignation letter holding you back from resigning?
Are you googling your nights away for that perfect letter?
Are you begging your friends for that ultimate template?

Voila! Not anymore. Because I-Resign.com is here.
Yes, I-Resign. Say it proudly, say it loudly -- I Resign. Tell your manager, tell the HR -- I Resign.

"But whaaat it eez?"
I-Resign brings you the most suitable templates for all kind of situations. Going for further studies? Leaving for the fatter paycheck? Or even leaving to have a baby? They've got it all covered! Just check out this page. You can even customize the templates according to your details and download the letter as word document!


I used the website. Check out the letter-
Dear XXX,

I write to confirm that I am resigning from my position as Software Engineer.

I have decided to realize my professional and personal goals by accepting a formal offer to study for an MBA in IIM Calcutta. This was not an easy decision and took a lot of consideration but I believe it is an exciting step forward and one that I hope you will understand and support.

My contract of employment requires me to work here for a further month from the day I give notice. Hence I request you to release me on June 2nd, which would complete the notice period. Please be assured that I will do all I can to assist in the smooth transfer of my responsibilities before leaving.

I wish both you and YYY every good fortune and I would like to thank you once again for having me as part of your team.

Yours sincerely,
Exquisite! This you won't find on the website. I thank Reshma for this wonderful piece.

11 comments:

Pankaj Jain said...

I always wondered, why do we use "an MBA" and not "a MBA".

Varun Singh said...

"An Honorable Job".. sound wala funda dude. Emmm Bee Aaaa.

Angrezi ditch maar ab Japani seekh :-P

Pankaj Jain said...

Is fundae se toh bahut jagah lagna chahiye. anyway english is a phunny laguage .... ditch mar sakte hain. Japanese is equally phunny. i just cant imagine me speaking japanese. isliye woh bhi ditch

Jeet said...

Badhiya hai ji.. bookmark kar lee hai site.. hopefully jaldi use nahin karni padegi :p

The elderly camel said...

real cute post :)...btw, you seem to be giving your fz20 a bit of a prolonged rest? Now is the time to venture out man. Try cramming a couple of extra movies on gloomy monday and dreary tuesday, and keep ur weekend free for snapping.

Varun Singh said...

@Jeet: Amen. Amreeka mein macha rakhe ho!

@Sid: "Cute" :-) Arre yaar, it stays to hot & so bright that I just can't get myself outdoors. Waise, today it has rained so hopefully I'll get shutter-happy again. We went to Ooty this weekend, I clicked some. Will upload soon. How are you doing?

@Dexter: Thanks! Internet is such a joy, isn't it? ;-)

nupur said...

You should also say that it was great working with them :-).
Im surprised you have this up on your blog!

RS said...

You got this letter from I-resign? Which little birdie asked ME to forward this to you then?

Varun Singh said...

@rs: I asked you about it, but spare a thought for other poor creatures, who don't have this luxury :-P For them, its just i-Resign

Anonymous said...

Pankaj Jain said...
I always wondered, why do we use "an MBA" and not "a MBA".


That's because we pronounced M as "em" and therefore needs an "an" before it. The logic is we use "an" if the word preceding it starts with a vowel (in reality and when pronouced).

Hope that helps u.

ranga said...

Good site. I know one guy who can benifit from it. I remember this guy wrote me an email resignation after absconding for one month like this :

" I shall not be working for XXXXXXXX anymore. Thank you"

He came back six months later regretting and requesting me to take him in. I asked him to wait for my email and wrote him thus:

"You shall not be working for XXXXXX anytime. Thank you"