Friday, May 12, 2006

Photophilic is up!

Check it out at Photophilic.blogspot.com. I have copied the template I developed and tested here and started posting pictures. Should you be interested in subscribing to the atom feed, its available here. I have also put up a Creative Commons license, which basically says -

You are free:
  • to copy, distribute, display, and perform the work
  • to make commercial use of the work
Under the following conditions:
  • Attribution. You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor.
  • No Derivative Works. You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work.
Bookmark it, be a regular, keep commenting, yada yada yada. I have decided to not put any tracker or anything there to keep the worries about traffic and all away. Comments would be the only way to know if there's anyone checking the pics out. That doesn't mean I wouldn't advertise it per se :-D. Now you know what would be my status message for coming days ;-).

Though I would try to post daily, I have decided to not compromise on quality for this. That is to say, if someday I don't find any picture worth posting in my stock, I shall give it a skip. Two things, this should keep me clicking more often & secondly, who doesn't like a "quality" photoblog. Of course, I define "quality" here.

Everything set. That leaves us with one question - who's gonna be my model? Send mugshots, fast.

6 comments:

Jeet said...

Calcutta main enough masala mil jaayega tumhe :-).. Aur apne batchmates ki ek ek photu le lena :P

Varun Singh said...

Masaale ka masla to wahan jake hi nipatega.. Batchmates ke alwa bhi Cal mein dekhan layak cheezin hain bahut *wink* *wink*

The elderly camel said...

Considered having a thumb nail strip at the bottom? And/Or a page with all your thumbnails or at least a category-wise display? Check this template. I feel it gets too laborious to keep pressing back and next to view all snaps.
Welcome back to the pixalated world!

Varun Singh said...

Arre Sid bhai... lafda is ki that kind of stuff is impossible to do in Blogger. All those templates use Pixelpost (which I'm assuming has something like that inbuilt). Blogger has every post as an entity & you've no way to get the image id for previous posts and all. It also doesn't allow using Blogger tags inside posts, otherwise I was planning to implement "Click for previous photo" thing.

Anonymous said...

Ek bar suyog (pixeldreams) ka template check kar le...he seems to be able to retrieve the previous posts in a drop down box. If that can be done, I guess thumbnails can be possible too? Also how about just making the right mouse click (anywhere) take you to the next pic, and the left to the previous. The navigation arrows on the top are always painful to use.

-Siddhartha

Varun Singh said...

Nahi, drop down for "previous posts" and "archives" are simple stuff.. but you can't do the preview icon thing in Blogger. I tried implementing the previous with mouse click thing.. but the funda is ki for that I need to use blogger tags inside the posts .. and blogger doesn't allow that :-(

Thoda locha hai. Waise research karta hoon ispe.